Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Give thanks in all things

This morning I was at an amazing lodge where I am facilitating a programme for umemployed graduates. As I was taking the shower I could hear some really sad news from the morning edition on television about the death toll of people hit by the worst hurricane ever to hit the East. I just stood there in the shower and thought to myself...are we really thankful, the ones who were given an opportunity to wake up today or are we contemplating to complain about how tough things are.
Well I am just reminding you that today you have a much better day than about 10 million peope in Africa ...so stop whining and being negative and start being thankful.
Be thanful because you are online and reading this blog whilst somewhere in africa they will never ever have access to a computer. Be thankful for the lunch you had today because somewhere in Vietnam there is someone who has not yet had a meal.

Be thankful for the house you have no matter how small you may think it is , because in Africa someone yesterday slept under a tree.
Be thankful that today you were given yet another go at life because someone did not wake up.

So there it goes, in spite of what we may say about interest rates , the price of oil...some of us out there are still having it much better than the average Joe or Jane blue...so , I AM THANFUL that I have an opportunity and means to write this message to you.

No comments: